Centre for Development of Foundation Studies (CDFS) UNISEL founded in 2014 and operates on both campuses Shah Alam and Bestari Jaya. The center offers four basic stages of the program in Foundation in Science, Foundation in Information Technology, Foundation for B. Ed. TESL and Foundation in Management. Additionally CDFS also operates 29 subjects under General Studies (MPU), subject Service English and other languages such as Mandarin, Arabic, French, Japanese and Turkish.
The results of the positive effects of the transformation UNISEL headed by Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Dato’ Dr. Mohammad Redzuan bin Othman, CDFS voluntarily implement its transformation program. CDFS main objective is to make this center is always competitive and provide students CDFS with a solid foundation as students and future leaders through holistic implementation of various programs.
Therefore, various efforts have been and are being carried out. Among them are:
- Strengthen the curriculum more FOCUS for Foundation Year programs through evaluation and audit.
- To create DERMASISWA UNISEL offers free tuition to students of Foundation in Science, Foundation in Information Technology, Foundation for B. Ed. TESL and Foundation in Management.
- Involving students foundation and general studies in CAKNA through the establishment of HEP JK CDFS by focusing leadership development of students through various activities that are inclusive and holistic network across different communities and ethnic groups.
- Implement the MoU and internationalization activities in which the students are involved with the bilateral relations with universities and industry, particularly in the ASEAN region.
- Creating academic programs through the Foundation GLOBAL Huffaz and international preparatory program which is expected to be offered at the end of 2016.
- Setting up a research cluster CDFS to strengthen academic quality GEMILANG with the implementation of high-impact studies.